John Wright Beveled Faux Shutter Dog 88-270 & 88-271
Faux shutter dogs like Beveled Faux Shutter Dog 88-270, 88-271 can easily add a traditional look to decorative shutters. John Wright combines modern high-quality finishes with the strength and traditional look and feel of cast iron. Shutter dogs or tiebacks are used to hold functional shutters in the open position. Faux dogs give a traditional look to decorative or nonfunctional shutters. Faux hardware is often used with permanently-attached vinyl shutters. Faux dogs are installed at or near the far edge of the shutter.
- Faux Shutters are sold in pairs and include screws for mounting.
- The producing materials are cast iron dog with black-zinc plated steel screws. Item 88-270 has a stippled (dot pattern) finish, while item 88-271 has a smooth finish.
- The finish is done through Weather Wright™ coating process. This multi-step coating provides long life in outdoor environments while offering excellent value. It includes both zinc electroplating and black-matte TGIC powder coating. Zinc plating provides far more protection than powder coating alone. The zinc layer is not only abrasion resistant but offers cathodic protection to small areas of powder coating that may be accidentally damaged during installation.
- Then these shutters are tested to withstand a minimum of 144 hours of salt spray with no visible red-rust corrosion. All fasteners and hardware meet this same standard.
- One year replacement warranty is available for this type of shutter.
- Faux dogs are attached to the bottom of the shutter with a screw. Dogs are left-and right-handed and have a top and bottom. The shorter half of the scroll must face up with the tip of the scroll closer to the center of the window. Dogs are traditionally placed a few inches in from the outside edge of the shutter.
- At first hold one dog in place so that the dog's mounting tab is against the shutter bottom. Mark the position of the hole on the bottom of the shutter. Drill a 3/32" pilot hole. Depending on clearance issues, it may be required to remove the shutter from the building to install the faux dog. Screw tile dog in place. Finally install other dogs at the same distance from the shutter edge.
Contents & Dimensions
The contents of Beveled Faux Shutter Dog are
- (1) right-handed dog
- (1) left-handed dog
- (2) No. 8 by 1'' long Phillips-head screws.